Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's a thing.. respect the thing!

It's been a heckuva week here in the Fibear's cheerful little den. I am in rehearsals for Easter services, Easter Cantatas, Easter Vigils, Cadbury Easter eggs.. ok those last ones aren't rehearsals..they're just crack.
On the hooks, I have 25 rows left on the Garden Path shawl. I have 20 rows left on my fez.

Speaking of Fezzes (which are cool) I am extremely upset with the Ecumenical Council of Nicea ( despite the fact that they're all SEVERELY dead). Why, you may ask, am I upset with bishops and cardinals who were dust centuries before I was born? These are the people who decided that Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Which means this year Easter vigil is April 23,2011. Do you know what else is happening April 23 2011????





The Series 6 premiere of Doctor Who on BBCAmerica.. And I have to miss it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ok I feel better ( No I don't..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!)

I know some of you are saying "just don't sing, Josh.. you're not christian, you're pagan. Just let this one slide." well I would, but for three things:
1) I already gave my word I would be there. I never break my word. Ever. E-VER.
2) I have three solos to sing that night, and I'm the only tenor they've got that can sing them.
3) My music director. I love her dearly, don't get me wrong, but she is someone I affectionately refer to as "My stalker". No, I couldn't get Ewan MacGregor or a 6'5" redheaded Gymnast. I get a coughity-cough year old woman. The Gods have a sense of humor, and it is cruel. If I am not there, (or if I am not there and not 500 yards down the road at the town hospital) There would be an Akira-style bloodbath of epic proportions.
So while y'all are watching the exploits of everyone's favorite Time Lord, I'll be singing. For two hours.
But I'm TOTALLY wearing my fez and bow-tie under my choir robe.

No comments:

Post a Comment